Have you ever been ‘zzzaped’ when you touched someone or a surface?
That electric shock is caused by Static Electricity.
When 2 surfaces have opposing electrical charges (negative & positive), the negatively charged Electrons (‘orbiting’ the edge of the Atoms) leap towards the positively charged Protons building up an electrical charge in one area causing a stun like a shock. The reason it’s called Static Electricity is that the charges stay in one area & don’t flow.
Everything & everybody is made out of Atoms.
They are the basic building blocks of all matters & are made out of:
Protons: Positive Charge
Electrons: Negative Charge
Neutrons: Neutral Charge
Static Electricity is used in printers are photocopy machines where the static electricity attracts the ink or the toner to the paper.
Rub a balloon against your hair which will give it a negative charge. Try sticking it to a wall and if the wall is of a neutral charge, you’ll notice that the balloon sticks to it for a while.