- 1/2 cup butter (melted & cooled)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg whole & 1 egg-yolk
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix the flour, baking soda & cornstarch in a large bowl & set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the butter & sugars well.
- Add the egg, egg-yolk & whisk.
- Add the vanilla extract & mix all ingredients together until the dough is soft & thick.
- Chill the cookie dough for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the chilled dough & add the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough (about 2 tablespoons) & place it on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until cookies have puffed up.
If you like to be featured on ‘Kids Can Cook’, please email your special recipe on email@example.com.